Business Administration - Associate Degree
Are you interested in a career in business but not sure where to start? Do you have some skills that may be useful, but want to work toward reaching your full potential in the world of business? Would you like to gain the skills in the basics of business so that you can obtain an entry level job in an organization with the option of returning to school to earn a bachelor degree?
Then this program is for you. You will gain a comprehensive understanding of management principles and business-oriented computer and interpersonal skills. Course work includes fundamentals of business, management and finance, critical thinking, project planning and implementation, and communication.
For what kind of positions will this program prepare me?
With your associate degree, you will be able to seek employment in basic management and administrative roles, including office manager, administrative assistant, management trainee, project assistant, or office support specialist.
What is the job outlook for those with this degree?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics†, this career field is expected to grow by about 11% in the next decade. However, keen competition is expected for jobs as the number of applicants will exceed the number of job openings. Opportunities will continue to be best for those who show leadership and team building skills, and who are able to multitask, communicate well, and keep abreast of technological advances. Proper educational preparation will allow those who seek jobs in business to better compete for these positions.
Take the next step. Talk with an Admissions Associate now about this dynamic program. Learn more about the classes you will take and how they could benefit you in your career. Remember, Virginia College offers you practical, real-world education in a supportive learning environment.
Even though you take classes online, anytime, anywhere, you are not on your own. We will be with you every step of the way!
†U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook
Your success in Business Administration - Associate Degree starts at the following locations:
- Augusta, Georgia - Associate of Science
- Austin, Texas - Associate of Science
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana - Associate of Science
- Biloxi, Mississippi - Associate of Science
- Birmingham, Alabama - Associate of Science
- Charleston, South Carolina - Associate of Applied Science
- Chattanooga, Tennessee - Associate of Applied Science
- Columbia, South Carolina - Associate of Applied Science
- Columbus, Georgia - Associate of Science
- Florence, South Carolina - Associate of Applied Science
- Greenville, South Carolina - Associate of Applied Science
- Huntsville, Alabama - Associate of Science
- Jackson, Mississippi - Associate of Science
- Jacksonville, Florida - Associate of Science
- Knoxville, Tennessee - Associate of Applied Science
- Macon, Georgia - Associate of Science
- Mobile, Alabama - Associate of Science
- Montgomery, Alabama - Associate of Science
- Online Programs - Associate of Science
- Pensacola, Florida - Associate of Science
- Richmond, Virginia - Associate of Applied Science
- Savannah, Georgia - Associate of Science
- Shreveport/Bossier City, Louisiana - Associate of Science
- Spartanburg, South Carolina - Associate of Applied Science
- Tulsa, Oklahoma - Associate of Science
NOTE: Program details subject to change. See the official campus catalog and appropriate addenda for the latest information.
Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas are required by South Carolina and Georgia to be listed as Certificates (C).
Associate of Science degrees (AS) are required by SC, TN & VA to be listed as Associated of Applied Science degrees (AAS).
Associate of Applied Science degrees (AAS) are required by LA & VA to be listed as Associate in Occupational Studies degees (AOS).
Bachelor of Science degrees (BS) are required by TN to be listed as Bachelor of Applied Science degrees (BAS).