Culinary and Pastry Arts - Associate's Degree
Do you want to further your culinary education so that you can compete for management roles to become more successful in the hospitality and food service industry?
For those with at least a diploma- or certificate-level culinary school education, the online associate's degree in Culinary and Pastry Arts from Virginia College provides the opportunity to acquire those additional business and management. That additional education might be your ticket to more and better job options for your culinary career!
Advanced Culinary Arts Classes Online
This degree program offers a broad, practical curriculum and real-world instruction using convenient, online classes. To qualify for admission, candidates must have successfully completed a diploma or certificate program that offers training in cooking and kitchen skills comparable to the one offered by Culinard, the Culinary Institute of Virginia College. (If you have not completed such a program, learn more about our 36-week culinary arts and pastry arts diploma/certificate programs at a campus near you.
Classes in this Online Culinary Arts Degree
Some of the courses you will take in this online associate's degree in culinary arts program include:
- Food Science: Nutrition and Cooking
- Purchasing from a Cultural Perspective
- Supervision in the Hospitality Industry
- Facilities Management and Menu Planning
- Marketing and Cost Control
Associate's Degree in Culinary Arts program: What You Will Learn
Upon graduation from this program, graduates should be able to:
- Apply nutrition principles to menu planning for a variety of customers
- Understand the process and formulas behind how to control food and labor cost in a commercial operation
- Understand the various EEOC laws governing employment
- Utilize computers and software appropriate to industry
- Understand and describe the basic layout, process and design of creating a commercial kitchen
- Understand the elements behind successful hospitality marketing
Get Started Today.
Get an advanced culinary and pastry arts degree to be positioned for career success in the food service and hospitality industry. Get more information about the online associate's degree in Culinary and Pastry Arts from Virginia College by completing the Request More Information form now.
Your success in Culinary and Pastry Arts - Associate's Degree starts at the following locations:
NOTE: Program details subject to change. See the official campus catalog and appropriate addenda for the latest information.
Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas are required by Georgia, South Carolina and Oklahoma to be listed as Certificates (C).
Associate of Science degrees (AS) are required by SC, TN & VA to be listed as Associated of Applied Science degrees (AAS).
Associate of Applied Science degrees (AAS) are required by LA & VA to be listed as Associate in Occupational Studies degrees (AOS).
Bachelor of Science degrees (BS) are required by TN to be listed as Bachelor of Applied Science degrees (BAS).