Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Associate's) - Austin, Texas
Associate of Science
Where technology meets the healing arts
Imagine using your skills to help expectant parents experience the joy of seeing their baby's heart beat for the first time, to help catch a life- threatening disease early...to help give a patient peace of mind in a time of crisis.
Sonography is on the forefront of modern medicine. Its uses in diagnosis are continually growing and actually replacing more invasive procedures.
You'll prepare to work in hospitals or private practices, assisting physicians by performing high frequency sound wave patient examinations to image internal structures. This highly specialized credential will focus on ultrasound physics and instrumentation along with abdominal, reproductive system, obstetrical, gynecological, and vascular scanning.
The Diagnostic Medical Sonography program at Virginia College in Austin is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Educational Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Joint Review Commission on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
1361 Park Street
Clearwater, FL 33756
*Program details subject to change. See the official campus catalog and appropriate addenda for the latest information.
Virginia College in Austin's Available Programs
- Administrative Assistant (Diploma)
- Business Administration (Associate's)
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Associate's)
- Medical Assistant (Diploma)
- Medical Billing and Coding (Diploma)
- Medical Office Management (Associate's)
- Network Technician (Diploma)
- Paralegal Studies (Associate's)
- Pharmacy Technician (Diploma)
- Respiratory Care (Associate's)
- Surgical Technology (Associate's)