Medical Assistant (Associate's) - Knoxville, Tennessee
Associate of Applied Science
Medical Assistants perform both administrative and clinical duties, reporting directly to an office manager, physician, or other health practitioner.
Your training will focus on examining room procedures, obtaining vital signs and medical histories, performing routine laboratory procedures, sterilizing and maintaining equipment, and the proper techniques for administering medications as directed by the physician. You'll also learn to handle administrative duties.
In addition to training from instructors with real-world experience, you will also complete an externship in a physician's office, clinic or related healthcare facility under the supervision of a physician, nurse, or health services professional.
*Program details subject to change. See the official campus catalog and appropriate addenda for the latest information.
Virginia College School of Business and Health in Knoxville's Available Programs
- Business Administration (Associate's)
- Cosmetology (Diploma)
- Healthcare Reimbursement (Associate's)
- Medical Assistant (Associate's)
- Medical Assistant (Diploma)
- Medical Billing and Coding (Diploma)
- Medical Office Administration (Associate's)
- Network Engineering (Associate's)
- Network Technician (Diploma)
- Pharmacy Technician (Diploma)
- Surgical Technology (Associate's)