Medical Office Administration
Medical Office Administrators perform administrative duties in a medical office or clinic, reporting directly to an office manager, physician, or other health practitioner. You will help with communicating with patients and other providers, billing insurance companies, and more. This program is designed to teach you how to work closely with doctors to organize and monitor activities in a variety of healthcare settings. In short, you will be a vital part of the healthcare team in a physician’s office, a clinic, a hospital, a long-term care facility, or other medical office.
At Virginia College, you will only take courses that pertain to your success in the workforce. Do not worry if you are not already skilled in the areas below. That is why you are coming to school! We are experienced in giving students the training they need to become successful in their chosen careers.
You will have classes in:
- Medical terminology
- Medical law and ethics
- Medical transcription
- Medical records systems
- Office automation
- Customer service
In addition to training from instructors with real-world experience, you will also complete an externship in a physician's office, clinic or related healthcare facility under the supervision of a physician, nurse, or health services professional.
Your success in Medical Office Administration starts at the following locations:
- Augusta, Georgia - Associate of Science
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana - Associate of Science
- Biloxi, Mississippi - Associate of Science
- Birmingham, Alabama - Associate of Science
- Columbia, South Carolina - Associate of Applied Science
- Columbus, Georgia - Associate of Science
- Florence, South Carolina - Associate of Applied Science
- Greenville, South Carolina - Associate of Applied Science
- Knoxville, Tennessee - Associate of Applied Science
- Macon, Georgia - Associate of Science
- Online Programs - Associate of Science
- Pensacola, Florida - Associate of Science
- Richmond, Virginia - Associate of Science
- Savannah, Georgia - Associate of Science
- Shreveport/Bossier City, Louisiana - Associate of Science
- Spartanburg, South Carolina - Associate of Applied Science
- Tulsa, Oklahoma - Associate of Science
NOTE: Program details subject to change. See the official campus catalog and appropriate addenda for the latest information.
Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas are required by South Carolina and Georgia to be listed as Certificates (C).
Associate of Science degrees (AS) are required by SC, TN & VA to be listed as Associated of Applied Science degrees (AAS).
Associate of Applied Science degrees (AAS) are required by LA & VA to be listed as Associate in Occupational Studies degees (AOS).
Bachelor of Science degrees (BS) are required by TN to be listed as Bachelor of Applied Science degrees (BAS).