Medical Office Management - Associate's Degree
It takes business and clinical knowledge to manage a physician's practice or other healthcare office. The Medical Office Management program is designed to prepare students for entry-level management positions in the medical field, combining knowledge of the medical office and patient contact.
Get a Foundation for Medical Management at Virginia College
This program is designed to teach students to work closely with doctors to organize the front office and provide patient care services. This program provides instruction in clinical procedures, medical office procedures and insurance billing — combined with general education course work required for attainment of a degree credential.
What You Will Learn in this Program
Upon graduation from this program, graduates should be able to:
- Provide clinical and administrative skills in a medical setting
- Prepare and maintain the examination treatment area under the supervision of a physician
- Manage a clinical office under minimal supervision
- Use computer technology and administrative skills in a healthcare environment
- Provide emergency care including Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Provide the professional employer with strong administrative skills
- Coordinate a job search
You'll Get Hands-on Experience.
An 11-week externship is part of the Medical Office Management curriculum. You'll work in a physician's office or some other health services facility, applying what you've learned in the program and getting on-the-job training. Often during the externship process, students are able to "show what they've got" and are offered employment at their externship sites.
Getting Medical Office Management Jobs after Graduation
Virginia College offers career planning and placement assistance through our Career Services team. These job-placement experts can help you prepare for interviews, review your resume and generate job leads.
Get Started Now!
Classes start soon, so if you think you might be interested in the associate's degree in Medical Office Management, complete the Request More Information form now.
Your success in Medical Office Management - Associate's Degree starts at the following locations:
- Austin, Texas - Associate of Science
- Charleston, South Carolina - Associate of Applied Science
- Huntsville, Alabama - Associate of Science
- Jacksonville, Florida - Associate of Applied Science
- Montgomery, Alabama - Associate of Science
NOTE: Program details subject to change. See the official campus catalog and appropriate addenda for the latest information.
Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas are required by Georgia, South Carolina and Oklahoma to be listed as Certificates (C).
Associate of Science degrees (AS) are required by SC, TN & VA to be listed as Associated of Applied Science degrees (AAS).
Associate of Applied Science degrees (AAS) are required by LA & VA to be listed as Associate in Occupational Studies degrees (AOS).
Bachelor of Science degrees (BS) are required by TN to be listed as Bachelor of Applied Science degrees (BAS).