Office Administration - Associate's Degree
Today's office support professionals go beyond answering phones and managing appointments for senior personnel. While those functions are important, it is also crucial that administrative support professionals can deal with a variety of personality styles in the office and handle complex responsibilities such as:
- Planning meetings
- Developing written communications
- Managing projects
- Creating presentations
- Managing office equipment/technology
- Handling vendors
- Working with databases and spreadsheets
Hands-on Training for a Career in Office Administration
Those who choose this career may benefit from specialized college training like the Associate of Science degree in Office Administration at Virginia College. This program is provided on campus and in a convenient online learning format. It's your choice!
The Office Administration degree is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to confidently compete in many types of business organizations for office positions such as:
- Administrative assistant
- Executive secretary
- Computer support assistant
- Office manager
- Department Secretary
- Staff Assistant
Student professionalism, office skills and software proficiency are developed in this program. Students are provided with coursework to help simulate experience in real-life work scenarios including deadline pressure, communication challenges involving critical thinking, decision making and team coordination.
What Will You Learn in this Office Administration Training Program?
Upon graduation from this program, graduates should be able to:
- Demonstrate practical proficiency in the use and application of current computer hardware and software
- Communicate effectively through written, oral, and visual delivery in a manner appropriate for an office setting
- Exhibit critical-thinking, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrate ability to develop, organize, edit and publish a variety of office documents
- Demonstrate an ability to collect, analyze and logically document information
- Read and interpret instructions and material pertinent to understanding a task or project
Virginia College Prepares You to Find the Job!
Not only do we help you learn to do the job, we help you find the job! Virginia College helps you jumpstart your job hunt with resume building, interview skills, career planning and job-placement assistance.
Get Started Now.
Learn more about a challenging career as an office administration professional, taking classes online or on campus. Complete the Request More Information form and take the first step.
Your success in Office Administration - Associate's Degree starts at the following locations:
- Greensboro, North Carolina - Associate of Applied Science
- Online Programs - Associate of Applied Science
- Chattanooga, Tennessee - Associate of Applied Science
NOTE: Program details subject to change. See the official campus catalog and appropriate addenda for the latest information.
Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas are required by Georgia, South Carolina and Oklahoma to be listed as Certificates (C).
Associate of Science degrees (AS) are required by SC, TN & VA to be listed as Associated of Applied Science degrees (AAS).
Associate of Applied Science degrees (AAS) are required by LA & VA to be listed as Associate in Occupational Studies degrees (AOS).
Bachelor of Science degrees (BS) are required by TN to be listed as Bachelor of Applied Science degrees (BAS).