Respiratory Care (Associate's) - Birmingham, Alabama
Associate of Science
Help ensure the breath of life!
It is hard to imagine a more rewarding medical career than respiratory therapy. With the skills you will acquire in this exciting new two-year program at Virginia College, you will learn to provide oxygen therapy, assist with breathing, and support patients who are unable to breathe on their own. Respiratory Therapists administer medications that help alleviate breathing problems and treat lung infections. They also teach breathing techniques to patients in rehabilitation centers and conduct asthma and smoking cessation programs. In addition, Respiratory Therapists provide home care to patients who cannot travel to a medical site by demonstrating the operation of ventilators and other life-support systems.
Respiratory therapists are integral members of the healthcare team? You can be, too! Learn more about this vital career choice today. Our Enrollment Specialists will be happy to discuss the requirements for entry into the program and help you make the best choice for your medical career future.
The Respiratory Care Associate of Science degree program (CRT-level program) offered at the Birmingham, Alabama campus of Virginia College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) (www.coarc.com). The program has been placed on Probationary Accreditation as of November 9, 2013.
Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care
1248 Harwood Road
Bedford, Texas 76021-4244
*Program details subject to change. See the official campus catalog and appropriate addenda for the latest information.
Virginia College in Birmingham's Available Programs
- Accounting Specialist (Associate's)
- Business Administration (Associate's)
- Business Administration (Bachelor's)
- Business Administration (Master's)
- Cosmetology (Diploma)
- Culinary Arts (Diploma)
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Associate's)
- Healthcare Reimbursement (Associate's)
- HVAC-R Technician (Associate's)
- HVAC-R Technician (Diploma)
- Medical Assistant (Associate's)
- Medical Assistant (Diploma)
- Medical Billing and Coding (Diploma)
- Network Engineering (Associate's)
- Network Management (Bachelor's)
- Network Technician (Diploma)
- Associate Degree in Nursing (Associate's)
- Pastry Arts (Diploma)
- Pharmacy Technician (Diploma)
- Respiratory Care (Associate's)
- Surgical Technology (Associate's)
- Therapeutic Massage (Diploma)