Business Administration - Bachelor's Degree
Online and on-campus degrees available
Flexibility is one of the keys to success in today's competitive business environment. Those who are able to adapt to quickly changing business environments may become tomorrow's business leaders and innovators.
Bachelor's Degree in Business: Start Advancing in Your Business Career Paths
The Business Administration degree program at Virginia College is offered in a convenient online format or you can choose the Virginia College campus nearest you. Either way, we help prepare you with skills that employers value and knowledge to stay flexible in an ever-evolving business world.
How to Succeed in Business
In addition to flexibility, expertise is vital to succeeding in business. An article in a recent Entrepreneur magazine, "Why You Need More Than Passion to Succeed in Business," points out six fundamentals for success in business — including resilience, resourcefulness and urgency — but the number one trait is expertise. Your first priority in business, says the author, "is to establish an area of expertise or core competency that will enable you to distinguish yourself from your peers and let your reputation permeate the marketplace."
Build Your Business Expertise at Virginia College
Our bachelor's degree students in Business Administration enjoy a well-rounded curriculum created to meet the needs of employers. Students have the opportunity to build expertise with business administration courses related to accounting, marketing, human resources, leadership, communications, decision making, and ethical frameworks. These management skills are intended to complement, enhance, and build upon the instruction provided at the associate's degree level.
Specifically, upon graduation from this program, graduates should be able to:
- Understand the various components of contemporary business administration
- Develop effective rational decision-making skills for business leadership
- Design and maintain effective personnel training and development programs
- Integrate knowledge of personal and business ethics in business practice
- Use quantitative reasoning to make effective leadership and management decisions
- Understand the basic principles of finance, accounting, and economics
- Recognize and respond to the role of business in the environment
- Coordinate a job search
Careers with a Business Degree
Our Career Services team can help you hone your job search skills: resume building, interview techniques, job market research and following up job leads. This team maintains job-placement relationships with local business employers as well as national Corporate Partners who appreciate the work-ready graduates we produce.
With your bachelor's degree in Business Administration from Virginia College, you will be able to seek jobs like these:
- General and Operations Manager
- Sales Manager
- Administrative Services Manager
- Industrial Production Manager
- Storage and Distribution Manager
- Construction Manager
- Management Analyst
Business Careers Start With the Right Expertise
Take the next step toward a better career and a better future. Learn more about the Business Administration bachelor's degree — online or on campus — by completing the Request More Information form now!
Earn Your Business Administration Bachelor's Degree Online
Your success in Business Administration - Bachelor's Degree starts at the following locations:
- Birmingham, Alabama - Bachelor of Science
- Huntsville, Alabama - Bachelor of Science
NOTE: Program details subject to change. See the official campus catalog and appropriate addenda for the latest information.