Criminal Justice - Bachelor's Degree
Prepare for advancement in your existing career in criminal justice, or get a solid academic foundation for a variety of criminal justice careers with the bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice at Virginia College.
Online Learning for Busy Working People
Online learning is a smart choice for people who have to work full time, have varying work hours (like active military personnel) and/or have an active family life. Your courses in this online criminal justice bachelor's degree program can be accessed using a smartphone, tablet or laptop — anywhere there's an Internet signal.
A Degree Program Designed for Criminal Justice Careers
The Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice is designed to provide a multidimensional framework in law enforcement, criminal law, corrections, the criminal court system and private security that will allow successful students to pursue a range of career opportunities upon completion. The curriculum includes coursework in each of those areas, along with courses designed to hone computer skills that are required to work in most criminal justice careers. Specific courses include:
- Criminal Procedure
- Courts in America
- Juvenile Justice
- Business, Corporate, and Industrial Security
- Introduction to Forensic Science
- Criminal Investigations
- White Collar Crime
- Community-Oriented Policing and Problem Solving
- Organized Crime
- Crime Scene Investigation
Skills That Will Assist You in Criminal Justice Jobs
Upon completion of this online degree program, graduates should be able to:
- Document the entire criminal justice process from law enforcement to the administration of justice through corrections
- Identify the effects of substantive and procedural law on individuals within the criminal justice system
- Explain the nature and extent of crime in the United States and theories of causation
- Describe the philosophical and historical foundations of corrections in America
- Classify the safety and security of business enterprises as they relate to private, retail, and industrial aspects
- Analyze the principles, techniques, strategies, theory, and scope of criminal investigations
- Trace the historical development and current structure of local, state, and federal court systems
Get Started Today.
If you've always wanted a career in law enforcement or criminal justice, the bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice at Virginia College — online or on campus — is a good place to start. Complete the Request More Information form now!
Earn Your Criminal Justice Bachelor's Degree Online
Your success in Criminal Justice - Bachelor's Degree starts at the following locations:
NOTE: Program details subject to change. See the official campus catalog and appropriate addenda for the latest information.