Management Information Systems - Online Bachelor's Degree
Managing an organization's information systems requires more than just computer know-how; it also takes a thorough knowledge of the business, an understanding of the information needs of personnel and the ability to balance the evolving needs of the organization with an ever-expanding range of technological options for workplace economy and efficiency.
Our Information Systems Online Degree
This Virginia College online Bachelor of Science degree in Management Information Systems (MIS) is designed to give you a comprehensive introduction to business information systems and equip you with valuable managerial skills. It is designed so that you will be prepared for a career involving the management and design of computer-based information systems — the ones available today and the innovations of tomorrow.
What Can You Do with a Management Information Systems Online Degree?
Graduates from this online program will be prepared for employment in positions involved with management and design of applications and distributed information systems. Usual duties include planning and coordinating activities in such functions as electronic data processing, information systems, systems analysis and computer programming. One or more of these job titles might apply:
- Computing Services Director
- Data Processing Manager
- Director of Application Development
- Information Systems Director (IS Director)
- Information Systems Manager (IS Manager)
- Information Technology Director (IT Director)
- Information Technology Manager (IT Manager)
- MIS Director
- Technical Services Manager
Is MIS a Good Career?
Computer information systems jobs can make good careers; the job market is healthy and the pay is good. Learn more.
What Will I Learn in my MIS Online Degree Program?
Upon graduation from this program, graduates should be able to:
- Analyze, interpret and apply various information system functions vital to modern-day business
- Classify the basic elements of management integration with information systems
- Describe the necessary requirements for effective decision making in business organizations
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of current systems analysis and design
- Identify and classify relevant human resource management skills to attain maximum information processing
- Document the legal and environmental issues in information gathering and examination
- Discuss and document the relationship of management tools and information analysis as it relates to the workplace
- Classify relevant technological processes that present themselves in a workplace environment dependent on contemporary
Classes Start Soon, So Request Information Now.
The advanced and in-depth study of MIS provided in this online bachelor's degree could be the boost your career needs. Get more information about the Management Information Systems Bachelor of Science degree program at Virginia College by completing the Request More Information form now.
Why get an online degree from Virginia College?
Virginia College's flexible online associate's, bachelor's, and master's degree programs allow you to do school work when you have time — and wherever there is an Internet connection. Our programs meet the needs of people who are busy balancing work, family, military or other obligations. In addition to flexibility and convenience, we offer:
- The most direct path to your new career
- Career placement assistance
- No hidden fees
- Personalized service centered around you
- Instructors with real-world experience
How to pay for your online degree
One of the first questions many of our prospective online students ask is, "How will I pay for college?" The Financial Planning department at Virginia College is prepared to discuss how a combination of scholarships, Pell grants and student loans are available to those who qualify. It can be a complicated process, but we are here, ready to help you make the best decisions.
To find out more, complete the Request More Information form or call and talk with a financial planning associate.
Get started with your online degree
Want to get a degree through Virginia College Online Programs? Here are a few simple steps to help you get started:
- Explore our list of available online degree programs.
- Fill out our Request More Information form or give us a call at (888) 827-7770 to speak with an Enrollment Specialist.
- Ready to enroll? Create a new student account online. The account is free, and it is the starting point for the application process.
Learn more about our application process on our Admissions page.
Earn Your Online Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems
NOTE: Program details subject to change. See the official campus catalog and appropriate addenda for the latest information.