Paralegal Studies - Online Bachelor's Degree
Today, paralegals are in demand. They perform many of the functions formerly carried out by lawyers and make a good living doing it. If you think working in the legal world might be the right career challenge for you, take a look at the specialized paralegal training Virginia College offers online through its bachelor's degree program in Paralegal Studies.
This Skilled Profession is Growing.
This online paralegal degree program is designed to prepare graduates to seek skilled and prestigious employment in:
- Attorney's offices
- Corporate settings
- Insurance companies
- Governmental offices
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics' 2014 Occupational Outlook Handbook, paralegal employment is projected to grow 17% between 2012 and 2022, faster than the average growth of all occupations.
An Online Bachelor's Degree in Paralegal Studies
This online bachelor degree program in paralegal studies is designed for those who require a degree for entry into the workforce or for advancement in a current position. It is especially helpful for those who may have accumulated credits toward a paralegal degree or who may already hold an associate's degree in paralegal studies.
What About Paralegal Salary?
The median pay in 2012 (the most recent available data) for paralegals was $46,990 per year.
Virginia College Prepares You to Do the Job
Upon graduation from this online program, graduates should be able to:
- Conduct client interviews, determine preliminary legal issues, and recommend possible actions for attorney review
- Employ critical thinking to analyze hypothetical examples, conduct legal research, and prepare legal documents based on same for a variety of legal fields
- Draft advanced legal documents
- Employ advanced computer technology, integrating common and legal specialty programs
- Create a job search portfolio, containing samples of legal documents from the legal fields studied
- Coordinate a job search
Virginia College Also Prepares You to Find the Job!
The job-placement experts on the Virginia College Career Services team will assist you in your career development with resume building, interview skills, career planning and job-placement assistance.
Get Started Now.
Complete the Request More Information form now to find out more about Virginia College's online paralegal bachelor's degree. An exciting career awaits, and classes start soon!
Why get an online degree from Virginia College?
Virginia College's flexible online associate's, bachelor's, and master's degree programs allow you to do school work when you have time — and wherever there is an Internet connection. Our programs meet the needs of people who are busy balancing work, family, military or other obligations. In addition to flexibility and convenience, we offer:
- The most direct path to your new career
- Career placement assistance
- No hidden fees
- Personalized service centered around you
- Instructors with real-world experience
How to pay for your online degree
One of the first questions many of our prospective online students ask is, "How will I pay for college?" The Financial Planning department at Virginia College is prepared to discuss how a combination of scholarships, Pell grants and student loans are available to those who qualify. It can be a complicated process, but we are here, ready to help you make the best decisions.
To find out more, complete the Request More Information form or call and talk with a financial planning associate.
Get started with your online degree
Want to get a degree through Virginia College Online Programs? Here are a few simple steps to help you get started:
- Explore our list of available online degree programs.
- Fill out our Request More Information form or give us a call at (888) 827-7770 to speak with an Enrollment Specialist.
- Ready to enroll? Create a new student account online. The account is free, and it is the starting point for the application process.
Learn more about our application process on our Admissions page.
Earn Your Online Bachelor's Degree in Paralegal Studies
NOTE: Program details subject to change. See the official campus catalog and appropriate addenda for the latest information.