Make the world more beautiful... Jumpstart your Cosmetology Career at Virginia College!
Do you love to make others more beautiful? You can turn your creativity and passion into a rewarding career that's fun and flexible...as a hair stylist, hair designer, nail expert, or skin care specialist.
A career doing what you love starts here--in the cosmetology program at Virginia College*. And it's more than just "hair school!" Our expert instructors have real-world experience. And students have an opportunity to start building a client list working in our student-run salons!
What does a Cosmetologist do?
Trained cosmetologists work as hair designers and hair stylists, offering beauty services such as shampooing, cutting, coloring, and styling. In addition, cosmetologists may be trained to give manicures, pedicures, scalp and facial treatments, and makeup analysis.
Hair, nail, and skin experts work in fun settings like salons, day spas, and cruise ships. Some become their own boss. Hair stylists get to apply their creativity every day, learn new techniques, and bring the exciting world of fashion to their clients!
What's the job outlook?
The cosmetology profession will grow by 20% from now until 2018, according to government estimates**. That job growth is much faster than the average for all occupations.
Why Virginia College?
- Expert instruction from experienced professionals
- A world-class cosmetology education at a convenient campus near you
- A comfortable, professional environment in beautiful facilities
- An education that goes beyond license exam preparation, but also teaches professionalism, talent development and people skills
- Career and job placement support from our Career Services Department
- Real-world experience working at V's Student Cosmetology Services, a retail outlet operated for the benefit of our students
- A cosmetology education from Virginia College, accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS)
At Virginia College, you'll build valuable new skills in courses that inspire creativity, teach innovative techniques, and prepare you to be successful. Don't wait...get your beautiful new career started today!
* High school diploma or GED required.
**U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook 2010-2011 Edition
Your success in Cosmetology (Diploma/Certificate) starts at the following locations:
- Augusta, Georgia - Certificate
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana - Diploma
- Biloxi, Mississippi - Diploma
- Birmingham, Alabama - Diploma
- Charleston, South Carolina - Certificate
- Chattanooga, Tennessee - Diploma
- Columbia, South Carolina - Certificate
- Columbus, Georgia - Certificate
- Florence, South Carolina - Certificate
- Fort Pierce, Florida - Diploma
- Greensboro, North Carolina - Certificate
- Greenville, South Carolina - Certificate
- Huntsville, Alabama - Diploma
- Jackson, Mississippi - Diploma
- Jacksonville, Florida - Diploma
- Knoxville, Tennessee - Diploma
- Lubbock, Texas - Diploma
- Macon, Georgia - Certificate
- Mobile, Alabama - Diploma
- Montgomery, Alabama - Diploma
- Richmond, Virginia - Diploma
- Savannah, Georgia - Certificate
- Shreveport/Bossier City, Louisiana - Diploma
- Spartanburg, South Carolina - Certificate
- Tulsa, Oklahoma - Certificate
NOTE: Program details subject to change. See the official campus catalog and appropriate addenda for the latest information.
Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas are required by Georgia, South Carolina and Oklahoma to be listed as Certificates (C).
Associate of Science degrees (AS) are required by SC, TN & VA to be listed as Associated of Applied Science degrees (AAS).
Associate of Applied Science degrees (AAS) are required by LA & VA to be listed as Associate in Occupational Studies degees (AOS).
Bachelor of Science degrees (BS) are required by TN to be listed as Bachelor of Applied Science degrees (BAS).