Customer Service Professional (Diploma/Certificate)
Open the door to a field with over 2.4 million jobs and 13 percent job growth expected between now and 2022*.
Not only are the jobs there, but trained customer service representatives often have the flexibility of working day or night, and have the career skills needed to work in a wide variety of industries: banking, insurance, retail and more.
Our Customer Service Professional Diploma/Certificate program is designed to help you develop those kinds of customer-facing skills. During this nine-month program, you'll have the opportunity to build the skills that are highly prized by today's employers—skills that are vital to providing excellent customer service: listening, analyzing information, adaptability, teamwork, social skills and others. In addition to completing the core program, you will be taught Hospitality and Contact Center Customer Service specialty skills.
* Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2012
JOBS FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE PROFESSIONALS
Customer service representatives answer questions or requests from customers or the public. They typically answer incoming phone calls, but some also interact with customers face to face, by email or live chat. Many work in telephone call centers, credit and insurance agencies, banks and retail stores, but jobs for trained customer service professionals are available in many industries.
Our dedicated Career Services team, including our Market Development Managers, work locally to help open doors to employment for our Customer Service Professional program graduates.
UPON SUCCESSFUL GRADUATION FROM THE PROGRAM, GRADUATES SHOULD BE ABLE TO:
- Communicate effectively in a manner appropriate for customer service setting
- Assess customer needs
- Describe typical products, services, and organizational structures related to his/her selected specialty area(s)
- Demonstrate short- and long-term customer care skills, including problem solving and empathy
- Handle challenging people and situations
- Demonstrate ability to set and achieve personal goals through self-management
- Coordinate a job search
Virginia College makes it easy for you to get yourself on the fast track to preparing for a career as a Customer Service Professional. Fill out the Request More Information form now!
Your success in Customer Service Professional (Diploma/Certificate) starts at the following locations:
- Augusta, Georgia - Certificate
- Austin, Texas - Diploma
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana - Diploma
- Biloxi, Mississippi - Diploma
- Birmingham, Alabama - Diploma
- Columbus, Georgia - Certificate
- Fort Pierce, Florida - Diploma
- Greensboro, North Carolina - Certificate
- Huntsville, Alabama - Diploma
- Jackson, Mississippi - Diploma
- Jacksonville, Florida - Diploma
- Lubbock, Texas - Diploma
- Macon, Georgia - Certificate
- Mobile, Alabama - Diploma
- Montgomery, Alabama - Diploma
- Pensacola, Florida - Diploma
- Richmond, Virginia - Diploma
- Savannah, Georgia - Certificate
- Shreveport/Bossier City, Louisiana - Diploma
NOTE: Program details subject to change. See the official campus catalog and appropriate addenda for the latest information.
Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas are required by Georgia, South Carolina and Oklahoma to be listed as Certificates (C).
Associate of Science degrees (AS) are required by SC, TN & VA to be listed as Associated of Applied Science degrees (AAS).
Associate of Applied Science degrees (AAS) are required by LA & VA to be listed as Associate in Occupational Studies degrees (AOS).
Bachelor of Science degrees (BS) are required by TN to be listed as Bachelor of Applied Science degrees (BAS).