Medical Assistant Diploma - Mobile, Alabama
As a medical assistant, you can play an important role in day-to-day patient care as part of a team of professionals focused on the health and healing of patients. A medical assistant performs both clinical and administrative duties.
In the Medical Assistant diploma program at Virginia College in Mobile, your training will focus on a broad spectrum of skills, including examining room procedures, equipment sterilization and maintenance methods, techniques for administering medications and completing routine laboratory procedures. You'll also perform various administrative duties.
What Sets Us Apart?
- 180-hour externship at a health facility in the Mobile community
- Required equipment is provided by Virginia College, including a stethoscope that is yours to keep after graduation
- Realistic, hands-on training in well-equipped classrooms and modern simulation facilities
- Sequential training that builds upon previous learning in the program
- Support from Virginia College's Career Services office for help with resume building, job search strategies and interview techniques for employment after graduation
The Medical Assistant diploma program at Virginia College in Mobile provides the kind of hands-on training that can help you build your skills and confidence. You'll spend time practicing clinical procedures, such as injections and blood draws, on training apparatus before progressing to human subjects.
You'll have the opportunity to further master techniques and procedures though an externship that features 180 hours in an applied clinical setting. Externship sites have included Mobile Heart Specialists, Diagnostic and Medical Clinic, Spring Hill Medical Center, Mobile Family Physicians, Pfeiffer Medical Mall, urgent care centers and other health care settings. The externship offers you outstanding real-world experience along with exposure to a potential employer after graduation.
If you're ready to prepare for a career as a medical assistant dedicated to outstanding patient care, just complete the Request More Information form. Or, call us today at 251-343-7227 to discuss how Virginia College can help you achieve your career goals.
*Program details subject to change. See the official campus catalog and appropriate addenda for the latest information.