Medical Billing and Coding (Diploma) - Shreveport-Bossier City, Louisiana
Medical Billing & Coding focuses on the fundamentals of medical office protocol with specialized training in the areas you will need for a job in this growing field. As a Virginia College in Shreveport/Bossier City student, you'll be prepared for entry-level positions in the medical field related to reimbursement procedures. You'll learn the fundamentals of medical office protocol and get specialized training in Current Procedural Terminology (CPT), International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-9-CM), and Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS).
In addition to your classroom experiences, you will also serve an externship for on-the-job training. You'll be supervised by a physician, nurse, or health services professional and learn the billing and coding process from the working perspective. Join this important field! Begin your training now at Virginia College in Shreveport/Bossier City!
*Program details subject to change. See the official campus catalog and appropriate addenda for the latest information.
Virginia College in Shreveport/Bossier City's Available Programs
- Business Administration (Associate's)
- Business Office Specialist (Diploma)
- Cosmetology (Diploma)
- Customer Service Professional (Diploma)
- Healthcare Reimbursement (Associate's)
- Medical Assistant (Associate's)
- Medical Assistant (Diploma)
- Medical Billing and Coding (Diploma)
- Network Engineering (Associate's)
- Network Technician (Diploma)
- Pharmacy Technician (Diploma)
- Sales Professional (Diploma)