Pastry Arts (Diploma) - Birmingham, Alabama
Prepare for a career as a culinary professional in just 36 weeks! Culinard, the Culinary Institute of Virginia College in Birmingham, offers hands-on training from trained and experienced pastry chef instructors with years of experience in regional to international settings.
The Pastry Arts program at Virginia College in Birmingham, AL provides a comprehensive education in contemporary pastry chef techniques while also allowing you to explore and develop your creativity as an aspiring pastry or bakery professional. You can learn how to make a living doing what you love.
From the very first day, you'll have the opportunity to hone your skills in our modern, fully equipped teaching kitchens. We offer practical, hands-on training covering the concepts, tools and techniques you'll use in your future career as a baker or pastry chef.
Culinard participates in a number of community events, and throughout the Pastry Arts program, you may have the opportunity to volunteer with Culinard faculty members at special functions to learn the catering business first hand. These special community events may include Chefs for the Cure, Break 'n Bread, Birmingham Zoo benefits and others. Additionally, at the end of your second term, you'll prepare a buffet of pastries and desserts for family and friends, working with your classmates to plan, prepare and present your mouth-watering creations.
You'll have the opportunity to further develop your skills as a pastry chef with a hands-on externship at a bakery, restaurant, resort or catering company under the supervision of certified chefs. As part of the Pastry Arts diploma program, you'll also receive overall training in the hospitality industry and the role a chef plays, including various management skills and career planning, to help prepare you for your culinary career.
Culinard in Birmingham, Alabama also offers career placement assistance to graduates of the Pastry Arts diploma program. Birmingham employers who have hired Virginia College Pastry Arts graduates include catering firms, banquet facilities, bakeries, restaurants and resorts.
The Pastry Arts program at Birmingham is certified by the Accrediting Commission of the American Culinary Federation Education Foundation (ACFEF), and our focus is on equipping students to thrive in a variety of bakery and pastry disciplines directly related to the hospitality/food service industry. We offer small class sizes, flexible scheduling and hands-on pastry chef training.
Visit the website for Culinard – the Culinary Institute of Virginia College in Birmingham Alabama to learn more about our 36-week fast-track Pastry Arts diploma program.
This program is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the American Culinary Federation Education Foundation.
*Program details subject to change. See the official campus catalog and appropriate addenda for the latest information.
Virginia College in Birmingham's Available Programs
- Accounting Specialist (Associate's)
- Business Administration (Associate's)
- Business Administration (Bachelor's)
- Business Administration (Master's)
- Business Office Specialist (Diploma)
- Cosmetology (Diploma)
- Culinary Arts (Diploma)
- Customer Service Professional (Diploma)
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Associate's)
- Healthcare Reimbursement (Associate's)
- HVAC-R Technician (Associate's)
- HVAC-R Technician (Diploma)
- Medical Assistant (Associate's)
- Medical Assistant (Diploma)
- Medical Billing and Coding (Diploma)
- Network Engineering (Associate's)
- Network Management (Bachelor's)
- Network Technician (Diploma)
- Associate Degree in Nursing (Associate's)
- Pastry Arts (Diploma)
- Pharmacy Technician (Diploma)
- Respiratory Care (Associate's)
- Sales Professional (Diploma)
- Surgical Technology (Associate's)
- Therapeutic Massage (Diploma)