Pharmacy Technician (Diploma) - Austin, Texas
Do you want a career in which you can help people feel better while improving your own job outlook? Then the exciting new Pharmacy Technician program at Virginia College in Austin could be perfect for you.
Pharmacy technicians work with licensed pharmacists, helping with patient consultations, counter dispensing operations, and prescription preparation. You may work in a retail pharmacy, stocking and keeping inventory of prescriptive and over-the-counter medications. You might also maintain patient medication records, count or pour medications into dispensing containers, and manage the cash register.
In hospitals, you could perform many of the same duties but have other responsibilities, including assembling medications for each patient, repackaging medications, preparing commercially-unavailable medications, and delivering medications to patient rooms.
Learn more about this dynamic career field. Click or call today and make the first step toward a healthier career path.
*Program details subject to change. See the official campus catalog and appropriate addenda for the latest information.
Virginia College in Austin's Available Programs
- Administrative Assistant (Diploma)
- Business Administration (Associate's)
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Associate's)
- Medical Assistant (Diploma)
- Medical Billing and Coding (Diploma)
- Medical Office Management (Associate's)
- Paralegal Studies (Associate's)
- Pharmacy Technician (Diploma)
- Respiratory Care (Associate's)
- Surgical Technology (Associate's)