Do you want a career in which you can help people feel better while improving your own job outlook? Then the exciting new Pharmacy Technician program at Virginia College could be perfect for you.
Pharmacy technicians work with licensed pharmacists, helping with patient consultations, counter dispensing operations, and prescription preparation. You may work in a retail pharmacy, stocking and keeping inventory of prescriptive and over-the-counter medications. You might also maintain patient medication records, count or pour medications into dispensing containers, and manage the cash register.
In hospitals, you could perform many of the same duties but have other responsibilities, including assembling medications for each patient, repackaging medications, preparing commercially-unavailable medications, and delivering medications to patient rooms.
Learn more about this dynamic career field. Click or call today and make the first step toward a healthier career path.
Your success in Pharmacy Technician starts at the following locations:
- Augusta, Georgia - Certificate
- Austin, Texas - Diploma
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana - Diploma
- Biloxi, Mississippi - Diploma
- Birmingham, Alabama - Diploma
- Charleston, South Carolina - Certificate
- Chattanooga, Tennessee - Diploma
- Columbia, South Carolina - Certificate
- Columbus, Georgia - Certificate
- Florence, South Carolina - Certificate
- Greensboro, North Carolina - Diploma
- Greenville, South Carolina - Certificate
- Huntsville, Alabama - Diploma
- Jackson, Mississippi - Diploma
- Jacksonville, Florida - Diploma
- Knoxville, Tennessee - Diploma
- Macon, Georgia - Certificate
- Mobile, Alabama - Diploma
- Montgomery, Alabama - Diploma
- Pensacola, Florida - Diploma
- Richmond, Virginia - Diploma
- Savannah, Georgia - Certificate
- Shreveport/Bossier City, Louisiana - Diploma
- Spartanburg, South Carolina - Certificate
- Tulsa, Oklahoma - Certificate
NOTE: Program details subject to change. See the official campus catalog and appropriate addenda for the latest information.
Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas are required by South Carolina and Georgia to be listed as Certificates (C).
Associate of Science degrees (AS) are required by SC, TN & VA to be listed as Associated of Applied Science degrees (AAS).
Associate of Applied Science degrees (AAS) are required by LA & VA to be listed as Associate in Occupational Studies degees (AOS).
Bachelor of Science degrees (BS) are required by TN to be listed as Bachelor of Applied Science degrees (BAS).