Military Veterans and Members of the Armed Forces:
Our mission is your success!
Now in its third decade of giving lives new direction through education and career training, Virginia College recognizes the unique needs and challenges of America's service members, veterans and their families.
In addition to our Enrollment Specialists, Financial Aid staff, and Career Services personnel, our Military Student Center team has a wealth of experience helping students achieve their dreams of new careers in the fastest growing fields.
MSC advisors are either veterans or military spouses who are fluent in military benefits and the complex needs of military families who want an education to gain a better life. They are committed to your success.
Virginia College is ranked #3 in the national list, "Best for Vets: Career & Technical Colleges 2015."
View the full list.
How does the MSC assist Virginia College's military students?
- Helps them understand and maximize their educational benefits
- Assists them in selecting a degree program
- Assists with their transition into civilian life
- Provides student-friendly institutional policies that address rapid or multiple deployments, change of duty station, leaves of absence and other unique needs
- Provides transfer credit assistance to acquire military and college transcripts
- Facilitates veteran tuition grants by campus
- Provides customized services related to relocation, tutoring, accommodating wounded warriors and delayed billing for veterans waiting on VA processing of benefits
Who has honored the MSC?
#3 Top Military School - Military Times
"Top Military School" - Military Advanced Education
Yellow Ribbon School - Department of Veteran Affairs
A "Military Friendly School" - G.I. Jobs magazine
We can help you in your transition. Fill out the "Request More Information" form now.
At Virginia College, we know that the needs of service personnel are different. You may be looking to earn your degree while still on active duty. You may desire to pursue an online degree while you balance work and family. Or you may be in the reserves or back in civilian life, looking to advance your education using your benefit package.
Whatever your situation, your goal of earning a degree is within reach!
Ask about our credit transfer policy or about credit earned for military training. You may be closer to your degree than you think. And we can help explain how you can make use of the military's Tuition Assistance programs or GI Bill benefits.
To learn more about our services to military personnel, veterans and their families, fill out the "Request More Information" form or call the Virginia College near you.