Culinary and Pastry Arts - Online Associate's DegreeJump to available locations
Do you want to further your culinary education so that you can compete for management roles to become more successful in the hospitality and food service industry?
For those with at least a diploma- or certificate-level culinary school education, the online associate's degree in Culinary and Pastry Arts from Virginia College provides the opportunity to acquire additional business and management skills. This additional education might be your ticket to more and better job options for your culinary career!
Advanced Culinary Arts Classes Online
This degree program offers a broad, practical curriculum and real-world instruction using convenient, online classes. To qualify for admission, candidates must have successfully completed a diploma or certificate program that offers training in cooking and kitchen skills comparable to the one offered by Culinard, the Culinary Institute of Virginia College. (If you have not completed such a program, learn more about our 36-week culinary arts and pastry arts diploma/certificate programs at a campus near you.
Classes in this Online Culinary Arts Degree
Some of the courses you will take in this online associate's degree in culinary arts program include:
- Food Science: Nutrition and Cooking
- Purchasing from a Cultural Perspective
- Supervision in the Hospitality Industry
- Facilities Management and Menu Planning
- Marketing and Cost Control
Associate's Degree in Culinary Arts program: What You Will Learn
Upon graduation from this program, graduates should be able to:
- Apply nutrition principles to menu planning for a variety of customers
- Understand the process and formulas behind how to control food and labor cost in a commercial operation
- Understand the various EEOC laws governing employment
- Utilize computers and software appropriate to industry
- Understand and describe the basic layout, process and design of creating a commercial kitchen
- Understand the elements behind successful hospitality marketing
Get Started Today.
Get an advanced culinary and pastry arts degree to be positioned for career success in the food service and hospitality industry. Get more information about the online associate's degree in Culinary and Pastry Arts from Virginia College by completing the Request More Information form now.
Available at the following locations:
Why get an online degree from Virginia College?
Virginia College's flexible online associate's, bachelor's, and master's degree programs allow you to do school work when you have time — and wherever there is an Internet connection. Our programs meet the needs of people who are busy balancing work, family, military or other obligations. In addition to flexibility and convenience, we offer:
- The most direct path to your new career
- Career placement assistance
- No hidden fees
- Personalized service centered around you
- Instructors with real-world experience
How to pay for your online degree
One of the first questions many of our prospective online students ask is, "How will I pay for college?" The Financial Planning department at Virginia College is prepared to discuss how a combination of scholarships, Pell grants and student loans are available to those who qualify. It can be a complicated process, but we are here, ready to help you make the best decisions.
To find out more, complete the Request More Information form or call and talk with a financial planning associate.
Get started with your online degree
Want to get a degree through Virginia College Online Programs? Here are a few simple steps to help you get started:
- Explore our list of available online degree programs.
- Fill out our Request More Information form or give us a call at (888) 827-7770 to speak with an Enrollment Specialist.
- Ready to enroll? Create a new student account online. The account is free, and it is the starting point for the application process.
Learn more about our application process on our Admissions page.
Programmatic Disclosures for Culinary and Pastry Arts - Associate's Degree
*Reflects graduation rates for 2014-2015
Information from 2015 Campus Accountability Report (CAR) submitted to ACICS (Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools) accrediting body.