Health Services Management - Online Bachelor's DegreeJump to available locations
The demand for qualified managers in health services is strong — and outpacing the supply. The most recent estimate says that between 2012 and 2022, this field is projected to grow at 23% (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Handbook 2014-15). That growth rate is much higher than the average for all occupations.
An Online Health Services Management Degree Program for Working People
Now there's a flexible academic program for people who want to complete a health-based, interdisciplinary bachelor's program on a full-time or part-time basis — depending on their work load — in a convenient online learning format. This program is designed for those who want to make an initial entry into this exciting field or for those who seek advancement in an existing career field.
Do you have previous college credit? Up to 90 credit hours can be transferred toward completion of your Virginia College bachelor's degree.
What Do Health Services Managers Do?
Graduates may pursue entry-level management positions as medical and health services managers with job duties that include planning, directing, or coordinating medical and health services in hospitals, clinics, ambulatory care centers, managed care organizations, public health agencies or similar organizations.
Health Services Management Salary Outlook
The median annual wage for health services managers, according to the source quoted above, is $88,580. Experience, certifications, job title, location and other variables help determine what professionals in this field actually earn.
How the Program Develops Health Services Managers
In response to the needs of the healthcare industry, graduates of this online bachelor's degree program should be able to:
- Demonstrate eligibility for management positions in the health services industry
- Write and speak effectively, read and listen critically, and handle learning resources effectively
- Interpret and analyze healthcare and historical data
- Identify the human values which govern responsible moral choice and apply fundamental human beliefs in a critical and reasoned manner
- Expand practice capabilities
- Enhance interdisciplinary understanding and collaboration
- Coordinate a job search
Get Started Today.
Prepare to seek management jobs in the growing health and medical field. Complete the Request More Information form today to learn more about the online bachelor's degree in Health Services Management at Virginia College.
Available at the following locations:
Why get an online degree from Virginia College?
Virginia College's flexible online associate's, bachelor's, and master's degree programs allow you to do school work when you have time — and wherever there is an Internet connection. Our programs meet the needs of people who are busy balancing work, family, military or other obligations. In addition to flexibility and convenience, we offer:
- The most direct path to your new career
- Career placement assistance
- No hidden fees
- Personalized service centered around you
- Instructors with real-world experience
How to pay for your online degree
One of the first questions many of our prospective online students ask is, "How will I pay for college?" The Financial Planning department at Virginia College is prepared to discuss how a combination of scholarships, Pell grants and student loans are available to those who qualify. It can be a complicated process, but we are here, ready to help you make the best decisions.
To find out more, complete the Request More Information form or call and talk with a financial planning associate.
Get started with your online degree
Want to get a degree through Virginia College Online Programs? Here are a few simple steps to help you get started:
- Explore our list of available online degree programs.
- Fill out our Request More Information form or give us a call at (888) 827-7770 to speak with an Enrollment Specialist.
- Ready to enroll? Create a new student account online. The account is free, and it is the starting point for the application process.
Learn more about our application process on our Admissions page.